- 153.5 Credit Hours
- 6 Credit Hours of Thesis
- 6 Credit Hours of Practicum
- 12 Semesters Over 4 Years
Depending on the academic performance of the students, completion of graduation requirements may take more time.
Student Support Services
- Student advising and counselling
- Course wise consultation hours
- TA support
- Hands on practice in labs and fields
- Career development training
- Workshops and seminars
Extra Curricular Activities
- Physical and recreational facilities
- Indoor and outdoor sports.
- Students Society .
- Students engagement in various festivals and competitions.
Counselling & Guidance
- The facilities of counseling and guidance are available to students under the leadership of qualified Clinical psychologist.
- This service is provided under the Counseling and Guidance Centre of IUBAT.
Alumni and Placement Services
- Alumni and graduates assistance regarding career planning and employment.
- Assistance in placement to students in their final semester for practicum work in real life organizations
- Assistance in placement to graduate students in securing career employment.
- Provide multidisciplinary professional consultancy to various categories of clients including public and private sectors.
- Provide multidisciplinary and market oriented professional training to individual and professional groups of various organizations
English debates on contemporary issues.
Mechanical Engineering Department of IUBAT educates its graduates to become life-long learner, to communicate effectively, to overcome challenges and to advance the technology for the betterment of humanity.
We nurture every student in a well planned manner from the beginning till their graduation to build him/her as an asset to the society as such cumulatively they will brighten every corner of this world.
- Mechanical engineering is concerned with motion and the processes whereby other energy forms are converted into motion.
- Modern technological society has its roots in mechanical engineering. Mechanical engineers made significant contribution to modern civilization. Such contributions took the form of making engines to power ships, trains, motorcars, spacecraft; designing power plants for converting the energy in fuels, atoms, waterfalls and sunlight into useful mechanical forms; and constructing intelligent machines and robots.
- Thus the mechanical engineers provided modern society with devices and systems to utilize the energy form that causes motion. As a branch of engineering education, mechanical engineering is concerned with all forms of energy conversion and transmission, the flow of fluids and heat, the development, design and operation of machinery and equipment and transportation processes.
- The mechanical engineering program is designed to give the student fundamental preparation to enter into wide variety of careers involving research, design, operation, production or management of production facilities.
Duration of Study
The minimum requirement for BSME degree is completion of 153.5 credit hours plus such courses as recommended by the college after reviewing individual background. A semester is of 16 weeks duration, there are three semesters in a year and duration of the program is four years.
Teachers and Students
The BSME Program curriculum has been developed by Faculty of Pennsylvania State University, USA reflecting local requirements and international standards. Detailed curriculum has been published in the IUBAT Bulletin. We have 16 Faculties and 400 students . Therefore teacher and student ratio is 1: 25 which is an optimum ratio.
Seminar, Workshops & Professional Talks
IUBAT regularly organizes seminars, workshops and professional talks given by distinguished visiting and local academics and professionals to acquaint the university community with the latest development in the academic world as well as in practice. So far, large numbers of seminars have been conducted in the university under various umbrellas and these have contributed to the creation of a knowledge related discourse in the university. Such seminars and meetings are regular features of the university and the students can take full benefit of these programs for their personal and professional developments.
Within the constraints of the tri-semester based education system involving year round academic activities, there are some opportunities for a cultural activities in the university. A cultural evening is organized every semester as a part of the orientation program for freshmen. Besides, cultural program is organized on 21st February to observe the Language Martyrs Day.
The convocation and other ceremonies are also followed by cultural performance mostly carried out by the students of the university. The students have ample opportunities to participate in these cultural activities, convocation, university foundation day celebration and other ceremonies.
Career & Placement Services
The Placement Office of the university provides the students and graduates assistance regarding career planning and employment. This basically takes two forms viz. assistance in placement to students in their final semester for practicum work in real life organizations and assistance in placement to graduate students in securing career employment. Student placement takes the form of providing assistance to students in short listed organizations that may be available for practicum work, providing support for placement of practicum and then ensuring smooth attachment of the student in the organization for successful completion of the practicum work.
Assistance in career placement takes various forms of services ranging from on campus interviewing with the employers to resume referral to employers seeking graduates for employment. Most services are available for current students, but seniors or graduates can also register with this office prior to their graduation for assistance in career placement. The university offers a course on career planning and guidance in which the students are trained in resume writing and critiquing, job search techniques and interviewing skills. This course prepares the student to plan and approach career exploration. Besides, the placement office provides individualized counseling on a limited basis on preparing job applications.